The history of Eibar seen through its industrial evolution
This display, divided into 7 sections, allows visitors an insight into the development of industry in Eibar from the 14th century up to the present day.
Known as "the arms city", the industrial activity in Eibar was not restricted to weaponry, though it was this industry that gave rise to those that followed. Brand names such as Orbea, Lambretta, Alfa or BH (bicycles, motorbikes, sewing machines) have been household names for several generations.
- The origins of the town. The banks of the River Ego
- Life, Commerce and Society.
- The Guilds,the Masters and the King
- The end of the Guilds. The 19th century
- Eibar grows with the new century. 1900-1936
- Take-off. The 40s and 50s
- The swinging 60s
- Yimes of change. The decade of the 70s
- The severe recession of the 80s
- The new town